A primer for accessing coverage from your Extended Health Insurance [Billing 101]:
Here are the carriers to which we Direct Bill—
Pacific Blue Cross
Great West Life
Chambers of Commerce
*Manulife (please set Solace up as a payee on your online banking before your appointment)
How to make your Extended coverage work best for you at Solace Wellness—
- bring your insurance card to your first appointment (Group name, personal number, etc.)
- read the fine print in your information package regarding Group Benefits for the year
- know what percentage of your payment is covered for this Allowable Medical Expense
- investigate whether you need a Doctor’s note to access coverage
- does your plan apply a deductible amount?
Enhance your Satisfaction —
You may find that these suggestions help you maximize your coverage for services by your insurer:
- Plan your massage “schedule” for the year
- Book either in person at the Centre or online in advance to ensure optimum dates
**People who wait until year-end (November or December) to book several treatments will likely be disappointed when the desired dates are not necessarily available on a last minute basis.
Once a claim has been billed to the insurer, you should receive confirmation from them within 24 hours that the claim is being processed.
Most insurers will provide reimbursement within a week to 10 days, depending on whether you request that it be Deposited Directly to your Bank Account, or a cheque is put in the mail.
Some clients prefer to pay for their treatments, and later make a claim for reimbursement to the insurer. In this case, we are happy to issue a printed receipt or emailed copy, for you to submit.