Sarah Segal Postpartum Doula (DONA)
Postpartum Doulas provide valuable support and information to a new family in the initial days and weeks following the birth of a baby. As your doula, Sarah brings over eight years of experience working with new families. Her role is to ease your transition into parenthood by providing information, breastfeeding support, education on baby care, resources in the community and light help in your household. Her hands-on experience in prenatal education, birth support, breastfeeding and new motherhood all enrich her ability to assist your family in adjusting to life with a new baby.
- 1 prenatal meetings of 1-2 hours to get to know one another and plan for your postpartum support
- phone availability for questions and concerns
- loan of books and resources (sling/Ergo carrier/Ergo infant insert)–“on-call” to begin support anytime once your baby is born
- assistance with:
- older siblings
- light housework
- meal planning and preparation
- information related to new parenthood
- accompaniment on errands/appointments etc.
Costs for Postpartum Support:
Nanaimo area is $25/hour, (minimum 2 hours/visit).
Outside Nanaimo is $30/hour (minimum 3 hours/visit)
If you are seeking support with breastfeeding, I offer this within my doula support, or as a stand alone option. I come to your home for breastfeeding support. If you’re having difficulty with breastfeeding, give me a call- I can often come within a day of your call.